torsdag 1 augusti 2013

My thoughts. v7

Rather than speaking directly to someone, I felt like speaking to myself instead. 
Although I rarely truly talk to myself. 
I speak to whomever listens. 

Recently I've been feeling down, far more so than usual. 
The kind of sadness you get when a loved one pass away. 
But as far as I know none has, so I'm not quite sure why. 
I've been reading a book that speaks of the true origin of mankind. 
Somehow it makes me smile to think of how innocent and ignorant we are. 
That we walk around constantly believing that we are at the pinnacle of scientific progress. 
That we are currently in our prime. 
We forget far too often that science is not just a tool for establishing facts. 
It's a means of discovering and understanding. 
Facts indicate things that cannot change. 
Well, science does not stand for that. 
It's supposed to be the one instance in the world that is forever changing. 
Constantly molding itself in harmony with the universe. 
You don't have to be an intellectual savant to see this. 
Especially since it has been done so many times before. 
Far many more times than you'd believe. 
Even I cannot fathom the digits. 
Some say that time repeats itself and in this case it's true. 
When we encounter something that we do not understand, what do we do? 
Of course we attempt to understand it! 
But if that doesn't work? What then? 
Then you take that discovery and you force it to fit into your perceptions. 
Imagine that being applied to standard home situations. 
Would you go to a crime scene and place evidence that proves your theory? 
Would you punish your cat when you misplace your car after a party, because you think you're not irresponsible enough to get drunk in the first place, so it couldn't possibly have been you? 
And, I think you'll recognize this one... 
Would you wage a war, claiming thousands of innocent lives, because a bearded invisible old man who live in the clouds told you that it was okay? 

But why do we do this? 
Why, if we cannot instantaneously find the correct answer, do we make something up as we go? 
Because we're afraid. 
I've come to the conclusion that there is one single fear that drives us all. 
The fear of the unknown. 
Are you afraid of losing your job? 
Probably because you don't know how you'll manage to pay your taxes without it. 
Are you afraid of the dark? 
Probably because you can't see what's right in front of you. 
Are you afraid of death? 
Probably because you don't know what's on the other side. 
Fear of the unknown is the one fear that we all share. 
And in an attempt of familiarizing the unknown, we make things up. 
I'll admit, I'm afraid of it too. I'm only human. 
But that doesn't stop me. 
I will keep discovering even if I am afraid. 
Even if it shakes the very foundation of how I see the universe... I will keep going. 
Fear makes us suffer so much and it makes me sad to see how paralyzed we are. 
We have the potential, we have the technology and we have had it for longer than we know. 
In fact, it's been with us for so long that we refuse to accept it. 
It just doesn't fit. We don't understand it. We attempt to force it into our narrow perspective of the universe. 
A hundred years ago a man named Nikola Tesla was researching energy sources. 
He discovered that the entire planet is an energy source ready to be tapped by those who simply knew how. 
And he did. He invented a wireless light bulb that lit up on touch. 
Some were even so potent that they lit up as soon as someone was in the room. 
He even constructed a large tower over his house that was capable of transmitting this energy. 
He used it to drive around in his car for several hours. 
His theories and teachings are also confirmed by men such as Albert Einstein. 
Not only that, but there's evidence of its existence everywhere if you know where to look. 
That's not science-fiction! That's science! 
Re-defining our point of view. That is true science. 
Another man who lived at the same time as Nikola had found a potential cure to all diseases in human history. 
And yet another one found out how to levitate large objects. 
They all had something in common apart from being true scientists. 
All their progress was destroyed and their research was confiscated by the FBI. 
These are things that we have already almost achieved 100 years ago. 
Imagine what we could do today! 

But we don't, do we..? 

We don't, because we are afraid. 

I wish I could invite you all to my world. I wish I could show you what it feels like. 
A world where everyone care about each other. 
Where there are no politicians telling us what to do. 
Where all kinds of violence has become inadequate. 
A world free from the boundaries of a monetary system. 
Where there would be no disease. 
Where people like you and I could contribute just by being who we are. 


Rise towards the stars with me.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar